I used a VVDI2 System to add a key to a 2011 BMW 528i. It always worked well before. This time the software told me to downgrade the cast and I may have done that. The key was added fine, but I disabled the car’s central lock button and the trunk opener. On the freeway, the car didn’t speed up like before. I think I messed up the ECU and the engine didn’t get enough oxygen. I’m not sure if that’s true, it’s just a guess. I would appreciate any help or advice.
Here some tips for your reference:
- You used OBD to add the key (don’t do that again).
- Use Xhorse vvdi2 to update CASback and it will work.
- In VVDI2 CAS4 key learning, click on replace CAS button.
- Another menu will show up with fixes for your issues.
- Below it, it says coding was lost. You need to code CAS with a BMWcoding machine or tool.
Xhorse vvdi2 key programmer for sale: